Date: 02nd October, 2016
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Venue: Fonda Theatre
Performing Act: “All Star Jam” Band
Event: Rock to Recovery
Other Bands: Filter, *, “Rock To Recovery” Band
01. Baba O’Riley (The Who cover) w/ Franky Perez
02. War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover) w/ Franky Perez
03. Panama (Van Halen cover) w/ Franky Perez
04. Wonderwall (Oasis cover) w/ Billy Morrison
05. Rebell Yell (Billy Idol cover) w/ Billy Morrison
06. Sober (Tool cover) w/ Franky Perez
07. Enter Sandman (Metallica cover) w/ Franky Perez
08. Pretty Vacant (Sex Pistols cover) w/ Mark McGrath
09. Fly Sugar (Ray cover) w/ Mark McGrath
10. You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover) w/ Fred Durst
11. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine cover) w/ Fred Durst
12. Vasoline (Stone Temple Pilots cover) w/ Chester Bennington
13. Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin cover) w/ Chester Bennington
– Fred joined the band for ‘You Really Got Me’ by The Kinks and ‘Killing In The Name’ by Rage Against The Machine. This was the only time that Fred performed ‘Killing In The Name’ outside of Limp Bizkit shows.
– The actual order of songs during the show was slightly different from the one on the band’s printed setlist.
– “Rock To Recovery” is a fundraising organization started by Wesley Geer (Korn) in 2012. This benefit show was the first concert event associated with the fundraiser. Referred to as The 1st Annual Rock To Recovery Benefit Concert, the gig was also dedicated to Social Distortion’s Mike Ness. Rock To Recovery’s official website says: “Rock to Recovery was created to help soothe the restless souls of those in recovery. We do this by creating a “band” and writing and recording songs together with Rock to Recovery’s staff of professional musicians, who are also in recovery. We help bring fun into treatment and recovery by offering a natural escape from the fear-based mind. This helps people grow a sense of belonging and self esteem. We help to vent emotions by writing lyrics and singing together for release, in real-time. We tie in a positive theme of hope in recovery throughout the whole process. When the session is done, our “band” members feel a new energy all throughout their minds and spirits”.
– The main act for the show was Filter with “All Star Jam” band and “Rock To Recovery” band playing before them. Chester joined “All Star Jam” band to perform Stone Temple Pilots’ ‘Vasoline’ and Led Zeppelin’s ‘Whole Lotta Love’. The band’s lineup included Billy Morrison (The Cult, Camp Freddy), Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), Chris Chaney (Jane’s Addiction) and Erik Eldenius (Billy Idol).
– “Rock To Recovery” band included Wesley Geer, David Silveria (Korn), Zachary Baird, Sonny Mayo, Nate Low, Brandon Jordan, Brandon Parkhurst, Matthew Bartosch and Clinton Calton.
– Credit for the information and setlist goes out to our friends at LPLive.net