Date: 25th June, 2011
Location: Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Venue: SAP Arena
Tour: Gold Cobra European Tour
Show #: 2 of 13
Other Bands: *, Psyko Dalek, Dope D.O.D.
02. Gold Cobra
04. Bring It Back
05. Why Try
06. My Generation
07. Livin’ It Up
08. My Way
09. Break Stuff
11. Hot Dog
12. Take A Look Around
15. It’ll Be OK
16. Full Nelson
17. Walking Away
18. Behind Blue Eyes (The Who cover)
19. Faith (George Michael cover)
20. Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)
Source 1: Video – AUD (Panasonic NV-GS 27) (Right Angle)
Time: 115 mins
Format: DVD M
Comments: Great recording. Only a few shakes and ducks. Tape change during the encore break.
Source 2: Video – AUD (Panasonic DMC-TZ7) (Left Angle)
Time: ? mins
Format: .mts (720p)
Comments: Incomplete, cuts out on ‘Faith (George Michael cover)’. Very steady recording.
Source 3: Video – AUD (Panasonic SDR-S150) (Left Angle)
Time: 86:52 mins
Format: DVD M
Comments: Shaky. 16:9 letterboxed in 4:3 format. Cuts out during the intro of Walking Away.
– After it didn’t make it’s debut in Basel last night, ‘Bring It Back’ was played for the first time at this show. ‘Shotgun’ made its debut at this show too.
– The bridge of ‘Shotgun’ was extended. Fred wanted the crowd to make some noise and picked up his guitar so he could play his part of the bridge. From this show on, Fred plays the proper riff to ‘Shotgun’ while Wes plays his guitar solo at the bridge.
– ‘Full Nelson’ was played for the first time since the Bilbao show in 2010 where it was performed for the only time in 2010.
– Fred dedicated ‘Bring It Back’ to the hardcore fans since day one. He also dedicated ‘Why Try’ to “all wannabe rappers and MC’s in the world”.
– This was the first time ever that the band played 20 full songs in a show. It also is the longest show to date.
– A fan was brought up on stage before ‘Hot Dog’. Fred let him sing the last chorus of the song as well.
– This was the first show where John played the new drum parts during the verses of ‘Faith (George Michael cover)’.
– This show marked the first time that a kabouki was used since 2009.
– Before Dope D.O.D. started, Fred came out to introduce them to the crowd.
– Soundcheck of this show included “Shotgun”, ‘Bring It Back’, ‘Gold Cobra’, ‘Douche Bag’ and ‘Get A Life’.
Pictures (click to enhance):