Date: 17th March, 2018
Location: Henderson, Auckland, New Zealand
Venue: The Trusts Arena
Festival: Storm The Gates Music Festival
Stage: Main Stage
Tour: Australia, New Zealand and Japan
Show #: 1 of 9
Other Bands: *, Sublime with Rome, Suicidal Tendencies, Hed P.E., City Of Souls, Written By Wolves, Skinny Hobos, Minimal Silence
01. Thieves (Ministry cover)
02. Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)
03. Hot Dog
04. My Generation
05. Livin’ It Up
06. DJ Lethal Solo
07. My Way
08. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine cover)
10. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana cover)
11. Break Stuff
12. Take A Look Around
– This was the first time since 2012.03.05 Claremont, WA that DJ Lethal played a show with the band. From now on, DJ Lethal handles the turntables while Franko handles backup vocals as 6th member. This was the first time since 2003.03.30 Seattle, Washington and only the second time ever that Limp Bizkit performed live as a six-piece.
– This was also the first show with Tsuzumi Okai, who plays bass in the Los Angeles rock group “Okai Sisters”.
– This was the first time since 2001 that the Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water album intro served as show intro.
– First time since 2013.10.29 Torrensville, SA that ‘Thieves’ (Ministry cover) was played with the samples of DJ Lethal.
– Wes messed up ‘Hot Dog’ at the end of the bridge, causing the last chorus to kick back in later.
– DJ Lethal played a solo after ‘Livin’ It Up’, including ‘Fight For Your Right’ by Beastie Boys, ‘Jump Around’ by House Of Pain and ‘Insane In The Brain’ by Cypress Hill. This was the first time ever that he got his own dedicated solo during a show.
– During the bridge of ‘Nookie’, Fred got a fan up on stage to join him for the song.
– The band played ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ (Nirvana cover) until the first chorus before Wes started ‘Break Stuff’.
– DJ Lethal played ‘A Lesson Learned’ over the PA after ‘Break Stuff’.
– Sold out show. 4800 people were in attendance.
– This was Limp Bizkit’s first show in New Zealand since 2001.
Pictures (click to enhance):