Date: 18th August, 2018
Location: Friedrichshafen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Venue: Fürstenberg Festivalbühne @ Graf-Zeppelin-Haus Open Air grounds
Tour: Europe Part 2
Show #: 6 of 8
Other Bands: *, Dog Eat Dog
01. Show Me What You Got
02. Hot Dog
03. Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)
04. Gold Cobra
05. My Generation
06. Livin’ It Up
08. Full Nelson
09. DJ Lethal Medley
10. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana cover)
11. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine cover)
12. My Way
13. Behind Blue Eyes (The Who cover)
14. Break Stuff
15. Take A Look Around
Source 1: Audio – AUD (AT853 cardioids > SP-SB11 > Sony PCM-M10)
Time: 84 mins
Format: lossless (24bit / 48 kHz)
Comments: Many chatters around.
Source 2: Video – AUD (Panasonic DMC-TZ200 (Center Angle)
Time: 84 mins
Format: BluRay (4K)
Comments: Many obstructions.
– During the intro of ‘Show Me What You Got’, Sam talked German to the crowd and told them to go crazy when the song kicks in. He also talked German to the crowd during the bridge of ‘Hot Dog’ when Fred introduced him.
– Fred picked hardcore fan Tobit (who joined for the same song at 2015.08.24 Stuttgart) on stage during the bridge of ‘Livin’ It Up’ to join him on vocals.
– ‘Nookie’ was played until the second chorus and went into ‘Full Nelson’. This was the only time that ‘Full Nelson’ was played on this tour.
– DJ Lethal played a short medley after ‘Full Nelson’, consisting of ‘Jump Around’ by House Of Pain, ‘Insane In The Brain’ by Cypress Hill and ‘Hip Hop Hooray’ by Naughty By Nature, all played over the PA in snippets.
– After the DJ Lethal Medley, the band played ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ (Intro – Verse 1 – Chorus 2) by Nirvana. During the end of the chorus, Wes played the intro of ‘Sweet Child ‘O Mine’ by Guns N’ Roses followed by him jamming the intro of ‘South Of Heaven’ by Slayer. After that, Fred was down to play ‘Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine cover), which was not on the setlist, “if Dog Eat Dog were”. John Connor and Brandon Finley from Dog Eat Dog (watching the show sidestage) let him know they were and the song was played with them on stage. John rapped freestyle during the second verse. The song ended earlier during the last chorus.
– ‘Behind Blue Eyes’ (The Who cover) was played until the second chorus. After that, Sam told the crowd a joke about Fred in German. After both Franko and Fred said some words, Fred sang the chorus of ‘Behind Blue Eyes’ (The Who cover) acapella.
– Since the show was next to Lake Constance, Wes announced before ‘Break Stuff’ that he would jump into the lake and swim after the show to have a shot with the people watching the show from their boats nearby. He did so right after ‘Take A Look Around’ ended, but swam there only to find out that there were no shots on the boats. Afterwards, he swam back to the stage.
– Soundcheck for this show was the intro and the bridge of ‘Douche Bag’, the intro of ‘Livin’ It Up’, ‘Walking Away’, ‘Boiler’ first verse instrumental, ‘Leech’ until the first verse and ‘Why Try’.
– This was the first time that the band played in Friedrichshafen.
– Capacity of the venue was 4000 and the show was almost sold out.
Pictures (click to enhance):