Date: 11th May, 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Event: Pepsi Smash
Other Bands: Lenny Kravitz, Hoobastank, *, The Counting Crows
01. Faith (George Michael cover)
02. Behind Blue Eyes (The Who cover)
03. Almost Over
Source 1: Video – PROSHOT (Unknown)
Time: 8 mins
Format: DVD M
Comments: ‘Faith’ (George Michael cover) and ‘Almost Over’ aired in reverse order on May 27th.
– To cover the long waiting time between the filming of ‘Faith’ (George Michael cover) and ‘Almost Over’, DJ Lethal played the “All That Easy” Interlude with Fred singing the lyrics live. After that, they were messing around with ‘Behind Blue Eyes’ (The Who cover). Since the stage crew took so long to get everything set up again, Fred sang “no one knows what its like, to be the bad man, to have a Pepsi, behind blue eyes, and no one knows what it’s like, to keep WAITING” and made a gesture implying a watch.
– Before starting ‘Faith’ (George Michael cover), Fred said he’s gonna get it right the first time, “not that TV bullshit”, adressing the possible multiple takes for filming the performance.
– This was the last time that Mike Smith performed with Limp Bizkit.