Date: 28th April, 2022
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA
Venue: Hard Rock Event Center
Tour: Still Sucks US Tour
Show #: 1 of 19
Other Bands: *, $not, Wargasm UK, Scowl
01. Dad Vibes
02. Out Of Style
03. Dirty Rotten Bizkit
04. Pill Popper
05. Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)
06. Hot Dog
07. DJ Lethal Interlude 1
08. My Way
09. My Generation
10. Livin’ It Up
12. Full Nelson
13. DJ Lethal Interlude 2
14. Thieves (Ministry cover)
15. Faith (George Michael cover)
16. Take A Look Around
17. Break Stuff
Source 1: Audio – AUD (AT853 cardioids (lowsensmod) > SP-SB10 > Sony PCM-M10)
Time: 87 mins
Comments: Full show.
Source 2: Video – AUD (Panasonic DMC-TZ200)
Time: 87 mins
Format: ? (4K)
Comments: Short cuts during ‘My Way’ and ‘Take A Look Around’ as well as the intros of ‘Livin’ It Up’ and ‘Full Nelson’. Shaky at times due to vibrating balcony.
– This was the first time since 2018.10.06 Camden, New Jersey that Franko Carino performed with the band handling backup vocal duties while at the same time handling tech duties for Sam and DJ Lethal. This was also the first time since that show that the band performed live as a six-piece, but it was the first time ever that the original lineup performed live with Franko.
– This was the first headline show of the Still Sucks touring cycle. Starting with this show the band used a different stage setup, moving John’s spot to the edge of stage left with a small riser right behind, Sam’s spot varying between that riser and right next to John and Wes switching sides from stage left to stage right. DJ Lethal also had a riser where he climbs on during the introduction by Fred. An inflated figure of the smoking mom from the Still Sucks album cover is put next to DJ Lethal’s riser and a recliner was put on stage in front of DJ Lethal’s riser too which saw Fred sit on for the show intro and the first half of ‘Dad Vibes’.
– ‘Dad Vibes’ opened a show for the first time ever. This was also the first time ever that the entire song was performed live. The song had DJ Lethal playing the instrumental over the PA while Fred did his vocals live. After that, he introduced the rest of the band onto the stage before ‘Out Of Style’.
– This was the first time ever that ‘Pill Popper’ has been performed live.
– Wes teased the intro of ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ by Guns N’ Roses before ‘Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)’.
– During the bridge of ‘Hot Dog’ Fred gave away a skateboard for fun, claiming it was from the ‘Break Stuff’ video to fool the crowd.
– After ‘Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle), DJ Lethal briefly played ‘Rawhide’ in A (originally by Frankie Laine, performed by The Blues Brothers) over the PA. Later after ‘Hot Dog’ he played a short medley of ‘Party Up (Up In Here)’ by DMX and ‘Walk’ by Pantera. ‘Turn It Up, Bitch’ (until the first chorus) was played over the PA after ‘Livin’ It Up’ and after ‘Full Nelson’ he played another medley including ‘Jump Around’ by House Of Pain, ‘Hip Hop Hooray’ by Naughty by Nature and ‘Just a Friend’ by Biz Markie. He also played the intro of ‘Snacky Poo’ over the PA after ‘Faith’ (George Michael cover).
– Fred pulled a fan in dad attire up on stage after the first chorus of ‘My Way’. He let him sit on the recliner for the rest of the show and do the shout at John during the intro of ‘My Generation’, too.
– ‘Nookie’ was played until the second chorus and went straight into ‘Full Nelson’ which had a fan called Jeff joining Fred on vocals and stagedive into the crowd after the song.
– Wes briefly jammed the bridge of ‘Angel Of Death’ and the intro of ‘South Of Heaven’ (both by Slayer) before Fred asked the crowd what they wanted to hear. ‘Thieves’ (Ministry cover), although not on the setlist, was started by Wes and played in it’s very short version to get the crowd going.
– The setlist originally had a spot to have the crowd vote for songs after ‘Full Nelson’. Two possible options written on the setlist paper were ‘Gold Cobra’ and ‘Boiler’ with an etc. note added behind. Since the crowd didn’t react well to none of them, he decided to have ‘Faith’ (George Michael cover) played next.
– Wes, John and Sam jammed the intro of ‘Pollution’ before ‘Take A Look Around’.
– Fred picked up a girl who celebrated her birthday that night on stage and let her be on stage for the rest of the show.
– Starting with this show and for this tour, the band invited all opening bands (for this show: $not, Wargasm UK and Scowl) and band crew on stage to fake a goodbye including the ‘Saturday Night Live’ outro playing over the PA. Once everyone arrived on stage and “said” their goodbyes, Fred reveals that they “forgot” one song which follows in Wes starting ‘Break Stuff’ and the band playing the song straight.
– ‘Stayin’ Alive’ by Bee Gees was played over the PA as show outro for the only time on this tour.
– Soundcheck included ‘Out Of Style’, ‘Dirty Rotten Bizkit’ and ‘Pill Popper’.
– Sold out show. 3000 people were in attendance.
– Jordan Schur, long time manager of the band until 2010 and manager of Suretone Records, was in attendance.
– This was the first time since 2010 that the band played in Tampa.
Pictures (click to enhance):